
Alan Mulally, the CEO of Ford, viewed from the top for us today. Key notings:
- Talking with your hands - he was very effective at emphasizing points, drawing graphs, and generally being expressive with his hands. I almost think you'd get a lot of his points watching a video with no audio.
- Mantras - a lot of execs seem to use them. His was 'the data sets you free'.
- Being leader still requires you to know the details and be on top of them. Being the leader doesn't mean you can escape also having the ants eye view. I think I tend to be a little bit too hands off when I'm leading, I prefer the birds eye, but that can't be all I have.
- Style - he came across as very warm, humble and unprepossessing. I don't know if that is how he is in the board room, but it was very effective for getting us in Bishop to like him.
No comments:
Post a Comment